Report on HPD Implementation
TRAINING PROGRAMME: INSERVICE TEACHERS TRAINING & HOBBY CLASSES:
The school conducted a one-week teacher training workshop and hobby classes from the 17th to 26th May 2022. High quality sessions by the school coordinator, counsellor and special educator were conducted on topics like NEP, Subjective well being, Life Skills, POCSO and Inclusive Education. Hobby classes were conducted by the activity teachers with varied options available to the teachers to choose including Yoga, aerobics, music, acrylic painting and lippan art. This training was an opportunity for the teachers to share best practices with the rest of the team and provided a platform for fun and learning.
Whole School Approach:
Whole-school approach implies that the concern shown for environmental problems in the formal curriculum are, whenever possible, reflected in day-to-day practice in a school’s non-formal curriculum. In this way values and attitudes advocated in the classroom become habituated in the daily actions of teachers, pupils, and support staff. Thus, school practices what it teaches. Values are reinforced in actions and consequently caught, rather than taught. Following are the varied activities conducted under the approach:
1. WSA – Assembly:
Special assemblies were conducted on various occasions to celebrate special days and events. Special days like Earth Day, Digital India, Maharashtra Day, Sanskrit Week, Teachers Day Celebration etc. Were conducted to inculcate values like communication skills, problem solving, team spirit, critical thinking, self awareness etc.
2. WSA – Class Activity: To mark the 27th commemoration year of National Reading Day, week and month, APS Dighi observed the National week celebration from 28th June to 18th July in accordance with the CBSE initiative to promote reading amo-ngst students. All the students from class 6 to 12 were encouraged to read books during their English period. On 1st of July 2022 the students of class 6 to 8 wrote a ‘Book Review’ and depicted their understanding of the book by drawing a picture related to it as a part of ‘Open Art’ activity. Apart from that the students even participated in ‘Creative writing session’ conducted by CBSE under the ‘Budding Author’s programme’.
3. WSA – Sports : An Inter-house U-17, football competition for boys was organized by the sports committee of Army Public School Dighi, on 1st July 2022 for classes IX to XII. An inspiring act of leadership and sportsmanship was displayed by our students in the football competition. Inter-house sports activities were conducted at the primary level, to promote well- being and inculcate liking for sports .Run for health - Marathon was organised at school by the Sports club.
4. WSA - Club Activities :
Our goal is to provide holistic education by balancing academics with extracurricular activities. The syllabus for the club is designed to make learning less arduous for the students without compromising quality. Army Public School Dighi believes in the importance of club activities and aims to provide plenty of opportunities for students to take on leadership roles and show case their talents through club activities. This boosts their level of confidence and make them self - reliant. A program on Save Earth was conducted by the primary classes to make students aware of the conservation of environment.
5. WSA – Creative Corner
1. “Adolescent Peer Educators Leadership Program in life Skills, Holistic health and wellbeing’’ was successfully launched in the school by the peer educators of XII and X. in the honorable presence of teachers and school heads who equally participated in the spectacular venture.
2. School Dighi had organized a musical program -Rooh -e-Ghazal. This Ghazal Night was a step towards boosting the morale of the students who performed the entire show.
6. WSA – Parent Teacher Interaction
1. Parents Orientation Programme is conducted before starting a new academic session. The parents get to know the teachers in the different classes. The teachers explain the pattern for conducting examinations, the extracurricular activities, the support required from parents etc.
2. Parent Teacher Meeting is held after every exam.
3. The class teachers interact with parents as and when the need arises regarding concerns about students in various growth domains.
4. The school counselor counsels the parents of the students who need special attention and guidance.
7. WSA – Work experience
1. Portfolio folder making activity.
2. Participation in poster making competition on the occasion of World Earth day.
3. Making Thank you cards and bookmarks for our soldiers and sent them to ‘Leh’ and Mahi (MP) respectively
4. Rakhi making for our defense heroes.
5. Participating in all the activities related to Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
6. Encourage students to participate at various intermediate level drawing competition.
7. Promoting skill India through Exhibitions and models.
8. The students of primary classes also participated in Toycathon to show their talent in toy - making.
9. Every Friday the students at the primary level do activities on subject wise in the CCA period. It helps in better understanding of the concept learnt in a fun way.